Note from the author: This outline is the beginning of what I hope will be a meaningful essay on the state of our country today – from my perspective of course. H. W. “Bill” Sparks
The longer essay may be broken down into its component parts in order to more concise with my opinions and be more historically accurate.
As you look over this chaotic outline, please bear with me. Is this an important and timely topic today with all of what is going on? Or, not?
I will endeavor to separate the components as facts, opinions, or myths. There is, in just about everybody’s opinion, only one truth, and that is from their perspective. No other facts exist.
But what is our opinion based on? Verified facts? Or simply op-ed opinions that fall in line with our individual belief systems? Or is it just some wild and crazy made up stuff with no sustaining or verifiable facts labelled as a “conspiracy” to destroy the very fabric of our Democracy?
You decide – please click on the “like” button at the bottom of the article and rate my writing talent with as many stars as you deem necessary – enjoy!
A twisted History of the United States Part 1
… begins with the words: “…all men are created equal…”
- Slaves and Native Americans were counted as “three fifths of a person.”
- Women were denied the vote.
- Masons were prominent citizens until they weren’t.
- Chinese immigrants were used and then excluded.
- Irish and Catholics were discriminated.
- Churches of all faiths are still being attacked today.
- People were property.
- Emancipation did not free African-Americans.
- Being gay became illegal and is now legal.
- Attacks on our LGBQT+ community continues today.
- Drinking alcohol became a crime and now is not.
- DUI and DWI is still a rampant crime.
- Jews have always been discriminated against.
- i.e. George Washington’s “Letter to the Jews at Newport.”
- We killed Native Americans for sport.
- Socialists were evil.
- There was a communist under every bed.
- Today, it is Mexicans.
- Asylum seekers are the new criminals.
- Christians are conservative without charity in their hearts.
- The ‘free press” is now anti-American – “THEY” are the enemy of the state.
- The fourth estate?
- Our Civil Service is hiding a “deep state” of disloyal Americans.
- Today, liberal, and progressive thinkers are out to destroy very fabric of America.
- Demonstrations against injustices are now anti-American.
- The rights found in the 1st Amendment are under attack by those sworn to defend them.
- Militias, first formed 394 years ago to protect us, now stand against us.
- The problem is the Federal Government, except when it is not.
- Open boarders are now closed.
- Our friends of bygone eras are now our enemies.
- Treaties made “in good faith” were broken for land and gold, and now oil and gas.
- In the immortal words of Pogo: “We have met the enemy and he is us!”
“Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? Americans do!”