As many of you, if not all of you likely know, there are serious questions about Clinton’s use of a private email server at her home. However you look at the controversy about the email server, the fact remains that her use of a private email server for official business is very controversial and unconventional. If that was the only controversy surrounding Hillary Clinton, then the argument could be made that it is a political ploy to impede her election. Unfortunately, Hillary Clinton has many more controversies associated to her public persona, and that of her husband’s.
1. Filegate: Craig Livingstone improperly received FBI background reports on many current and former White House employees in 1993 through 1994. Although allegations were made that Hillary Clinton had directed that Livingstone be appointed to the White House’s Office of Personnel Security, no proof of the allegation has been documented. However, the question of who authorized the hiring of Livingstone, a friend of Hillary’s mom, to work in a position he was unqualified for was never answered by the Clinton administration.
2. Two years after denying knowing where her Rose Law Firm billing records were, copies of the records were discovered at the White House. Congress had subpoenaed the records in 1994 as part of the investigation into the failure of Madison Guarantee Savings and Loan. The original records disappeared from the Rose Law Firm shortly after Bill Clinton took office. The originals have never been found.
3. Travelgate: On January 5, 1996, a memorandum surfaced where Hillary Clinton’s role in the firing of several White House travel office employees were fired. Although Hillary Clinton denied involvement in the firing of the employees, the memorandum that surfaced later contradicted her statements on the matter.
4. In 1978 and in 1979, Hillary Clinton invested $1,000 in a cattle futures contract. Ten months later, Hillary Clinton made almost $100,000 in the investment. In addition to this investment, Hillary Clinton paid the $14,600 in penalties in 1990 for failure to properly report $6,500 in investment gains she made around 1979.
5. On June 18, 1979, Bill and Hillary Clinton along with James and Susan McDougal incorporated the Whitewater Development Corporation in order to develop 230 acres of land in Arkansas. In 1992, the Clinton’s acknowledged that they had improperly claimed tax deductions for interest payments on their 1984 and 1985 tax returns. In 1993, the Clinton’s paid the US government $4,900 for the improper deductions.
On the question of character. Jerry Zeifman, a Democrat who was the counsel and chief of staff for the House Judiciary Committee during the Watergate investigation of Richard Nixon has stated publicly that Hillary Clinton is a “liar” and is “unethical” and is “dishonest” as an attorney. Hillary Clinton worked as a young attorney with Zeifman in the Nixon inquiry.
In regards to Bill Clinton’s philandering problems, I realize that some individuals believe that Hillary Clinton should not be held accountable for the philandering problems of her husband. Unlike a family that you are born into, Hillary made a choice to marry and remain with Bill. Even though Bill has been demonstrated to have issues with women, Hillary defends him and remains with him. By defending him, Hillary tacitly approves of Bill’s issues with women. Here is a quick list of women problems that her husband has been involved in:
1. Juanita Broaddrick accused Bill Clinton of raping her in 1999. According to Broaddrick, Bill Clinton raped her in 1978.
2. Gennifer Flowers alleged that she had a sexual relationship with Bill Clinton in 1992. After first denying the affair, Bill Clinton testified under oath that he did have sexual relations with Flowers.
3. Paula Jones sued Bill Clinton for sexual harassment. Bill Clinton accepted a suspension from practicing law in Arkansas for a period of five years as a result of this case. He was accused of offering misleading testimony in the case. Bill Clinton settled the case in 1998, paying $850,000 to settle the claim.
4. Monica Lewinsky; Bill Clinton admitted in 1998 to having an “inappropriate physical relationship” with Lewinski. This after he had denied a relationship in court and in national news media reports.
Granted, Hillary Clinton has not been charged with a crime. However, the controversies surrounding her are not simple cases of misunderstandings but rather an example of questionable practices at best and possibly criminal at worst.
With the record Hillary Clinton has, can you truly trust her with your vote?