How Useful Idiots Manipulate Public Perception: Case Study David Karlsruher and MaxPowers – El Paso News Organization

1. Birdie says:

Very Informative. You have a good way of connecting el paso’s dirty dots:)

2. balmorhea says:

Interesting. So it sounds like the Texas Tribune got played by DK and MP. Thanks for looking into this. This is an example of how the information you provide is more accurate than DK and MP’s “shoot from the hip” blogs. You take the time to contact sources and verify information. Thank you.

I agree with you that DK and MP work together. My proof is that I recently sent a question to DK’s blog and MP answered the question on his blog. The catch, however, is that DK never publicly posted the question. He had to have sent the question directly to MP.

We need information, accurate information in El Paso. We don’t get it from DK, MP or the EPTimes. Thanks for your accurate reporting.

3. mariag says:

As usual you assume too many things but you don’t provide any evidence. Journalists are required to get both sides. Did you bother to ask David for his side? Of course not, because you are just another blogger.

• noneofyourbusiness says:

Quit being so hypocritical mariag. Yes your last report on Sunday was so very balanced. You know as in both sides being represented!! Journalists are required to get both sides, right?

• noneofyourbusiness says:

– you’re no journalist – just another useful idiot.

4. John Conwell says:

Wow! Seriiusly, Maria? Your going to allow yourself to get dragged into another public discourse? You should just bask in the limelight tgat Darren’s removal created for you!

And the next time you all do a segment, like the release of emails, regarding public officials YOU should clarify that you contacted them and they refused to comment and why without the public doing YOUR job and inquiring… it kind of makes it look like you know what you are doing.

Kind of…

• Jen says:

Who is Maria G anyway?

Oh look, it’s Rotten Peppers, one of the constant readers of Mp and DK. How cute. I see RP is here to defend his/her beloved bloggers.

Reading Max Powers and DavidK is like reading two jockey dudes with zero intelligence who are stuck in high school mode, trying to fuck all the young girls. They are immature writers and you can’t believe much of what they say, and I can make that statement because unlike MP and DK, I am actually in the “know” here in El Paso. They are simply puppet bloggers, and TERRIBLE ones at that.

5. epreader says:

“The fact is that Stephanie Townsend Allala is not running for office.

In fact it took a quick message to her to confirm that fact.”

“I asked the Texas Tribune to explain to me how it is that Townsend Allala’s name ended up on their list. I also asked why it was subsequently removed.”

Why is it you make contact to those who benefit your story (Stephanie Townsend Allala & Ross Ramsey at Texas Tribune), but I see no mention of contacting Eileen or David Karlsruher.

Also you say a void was left by Jaime, but Jaime was more left leaning while MaxPowers is more right…not sure what void was filled as you seem to have probably gained more readers from Jaime’s departure.

6. Jaime says:

I don’t see the point of your article. Aren’t all bloggers useful idiots?

7. Rotten Peppers says:

If DK is such a blogging power, why are there so few responses on his blogs? I think sometimes if I stopped posting he’d lose a third of his readership:) Goes double for MP. The bottom line in El Paso is that almost no one gives a shit what the Horde and its controllers do, which is why they can get a way with it.

8. Please note that the commenter posting as “mariag” is not María García of KVIA, I have just confirmed that with María.

• After you put Maria Garcia from KVIA, on the spot. She hasn’t commented as Mariag since. Don’t you find that a funny coincidence and not surprising Maria G is a LIAR!!!

Now she is posting as NewsHound, FYI.

9. Bob says:

Martin: you should consider becoming a fiction writer. You are pretty good at it.

10. Jen says:

Bob: You should consider giving out worthless comments…Oh wait.

11. KING ETHAn says:

martin, why do you allude to the leeds lie. that was long ago. david k is the only one who puts out factual information which can be proven, you my non friend blog old news and supposition. you must be jealous that dk lives in dc and eats good grub while he earns his gold or youre a bully…….