Open Records Show Reasons for the Termination of Steve Norwood

1. Out to Lunch, management says:

Seems hypocritical, considering the number of times that all the commissioners are gone from their offices. It’s not once in a while, happens quite often. Don’t take my word for it, try it yourself. You will be flooded with numerous excuses and ending with a silence that rivals as to where the Director of NSA happens to be.

What is amazing is how they demand Norwood toe the line, not saying that’s wrong. But what about the hiring of a known con and terminating only after public outcry. Then providing the con free rein of the area. What about using county time to interfere with city council meetings? They’re being paid to conduct county business ONLY !

I don’t know, while I might agree the separation was appropriate. I don’t like that only some are required to follow the rules. I suppose it’s the same old story with government supervisors. “Do as I say, not as I do”. We just saw that with the VA management taking the fifth to hide the firing some to open vacancies for others.

There are a lot of questions as to why those that feel that power over others are still in office. Look at all the mismagenment. And it continues today. I suppose it would have been better for some to stay gone, rather than conducting shenanigans and making horrible policy that costs the taxpayer.

2. Jerry K says:

I think it was Woody Allen who remarked that half of life is just showing up.

3. Ali Enrique Razavi says:

In Norwood’s defense, there isn’t a whole lot for the County Administrator to do. If he is to be at Escobar’s beck-and-call, then why does she have staff?

Love,

Me

4. James says:

Thank you very much for posting this information. You seem to know how to get your requests really fast.

It’s funny how Ms. Escobar expected for Norwood to comply to meeting up to her standards with this county administrator job (scam), but she (and the county commissioners who voted for this) never seemed to follow the same standards of listening to those who are paying her salary. The public would have never approved this high paying job, which is not necessary and a lot of waste of money, which Commissioners Court and Judge don’t care about.

5. David K says:

Good work Martin – I have a feeling they were more than happy to get this ugly info on the county administrator out the door. They want blame placed where it belongs (hint: they don’t want Escobar blamed).

6. Thomas says:

Hey Martin Channel 7 ran your story ,throw you a bone and give you credit. Now the question has to be asked why didn’t the El Paso media follow up on this with the county when first announced? Also Vero made a statement that they wanted to settle with Norwood and give him a month pay if he agrees not to take the County to court and sue. So El Paso media what is wrong with this picture and since when does the average tax payer gets fire from a job and get a months pay? No in the real world! So what ammo does Norwood have that he could sue the county? Has to make one wonder in that this is sounding more like a pay off to keep Norwood quit. I say if they had the grounds to fire Norwood do not pay him a single penny.

7. Thomas says:

Hey Martin Channel 7 ran your story ,throw you a bone and give you credit. Now the question has to be asked why didn’t the El Paso media follow up on this with the county when first announced? Also Vero made a statement that they wanted to settle with Norwood and give him a month pay if he agrees to not to take the County to court and sue. So El Paso media what is wrong with this picture and since when does the average tax payer gets fire from a job and get a months pay? No in the real world! So what ammo does Norwood have that he could sue the county? Has to make one wonder in that this is sounding more like a pay off to keep Norwood quit. I say if they had the grounds to fire Norwood do not pay him a single penny.

8. David C says:

Martin — For what it’s worth, well done on this all around. There was a lot of unkind speculation about this – drugs, drinking, dishonesty or something along those lines – and you have put them to rest. dc

9. Marta Degen says:

Thought-provoking writing . I was fascinated by the facts ! Does anyone know if I might get a template IA Voluntary Witness Statement document to complete ?

• frankie cunes says:

Hi Marta, my business partner acquired a sample IA Voluntary Witness Statement document version at this place http://goo.gl/x3ZtRG.