Abeytia is so busy trying to gain favor by those he perceives as individuals in a position to throw him a bone or two once in a while, that he doesn’t realize how transparent he is. Maybe it is not a question of him realizing it, but rather that he doesn’t have the capability to understand it.
The latest example of Jaime Abeytia’s stupidity was exposed by Ali Enrique Razavi aka MaxPowers who exposed Abeytia’s latest folly on August 12. Razavi posted on his blog a screen shot of Abeytia’s blog showing how Jaime Abeytia wrote about Rebeca Bustamante’s appointment to the City Planning Commission. The post itself was nothing more than a fluff piece for Bustamante. Razavi poignantly pointed out that the reason is that Bustamante has been advertising on Jaime’s blog.
As Razavi wrote, advertisers on Abeytia’s blog can expect fluff pieces.
In the case of Tommy Gonzalez’ pay raise, Jaime Abeytia just adds more to the evidence that clearly shows he is Claudia Ordaz’ mouthpiece on the blogosphere. It is so transparent that any commentary I add would only be something you all already know. Therefore, I’ll just let his own stupidity continue to expose him.
I do have to mention, much to the chagrin of many of you, sometimes I wonder if Vince Perez might be a little jealous of Jaime getting so deep into Ordaz’, err, business. I know, it’s crass but I couldn’t help myself.
Karlsruher’s scurrying for favor, likewise, is so transparent that it makes me feel stupid for writing about it as most of you can see right through his attempts. However, it must be pointed out in order to keep the public record intact next time I need point out how favoritism runs deep in the city.
I’ll start with the obvious, David Karlsruher’s need get Tommy Gonzalez’ attention.
Unless you have been living under a rock the last week, or so, you know that the city’s engineering department is going through some serious restructuring. Actually, it is more like being gutted then restructuring. As you know, David’s parent’s companies rely on government work for their business revenues.
With Tommy Gonzalez, outsourcing the engineering department it is likely that future work coming out of the city will likely need the support of the outsourced companies for work at the city. As the city manager, Tommy Gonzalez has a lot of power over what projects are bid and how the bidding is conducted. As you likely know, capital projects have been bid based on subjective things such as local companies versus out of town ones. Bids can be customized for specific vendors.
Making Tommy Gonzalez notice you, and by extension, your parent’s company can be used to create friendly bidding processes.
This is why David Karlsruher has been working overtime trying to get Tommy Gonzalez’ attention, it all comes down to what would benefit him and the not the reality of the public policy.
Unfortunately, David Karlsruher doesn’t let facts get in the way in his attempt to gain favor from Gonzalez. Karlsruher shows us through his blog, that a useful idiot will invent things just to create an illusion.
On August 15, Karlsruher wrote a blog arguing that the mayor could not veto the city council’s vote to give Tommy Gonzalez the raise. When it was pointed out to him that the mayor, does in fact, have the authority to veto the raise, Karlsruher updated his post with innuendo about the mayor’s thinking process.
In both instances, Karlsruher writes that his “sources” told him what was going on. Hmmm, is it possible that his “sources” is nothing more than the gossip his mom tells him? Notice how Karlsruher regularly alludes to sources but never mentions them by name? You see, they are secret because he realizes that he “sources” are seldom correct.
Actually, the more I thought about, it is not the “gossip” his mom passes on to him but rather what has been dictated to David Karlsruher to write. I’m pretty sure you all can connect the dots as to who is likely directing Karlsruher’s words.
A Few Quick Notes on the Pay Raise Issue
The Tommy Gonzalez pay raise issue went from bad to the worst possible scenario. No matter how city council deals with this issue, the damage has been done. The only reason city council finds itself in this situation is because they rammed the process through hoping that no one would have the ability to challenge them.
That is the important thing to keep in mind. City council’s actions and the resulting damage is a direct result of how city council tried to pass this under the radar. It came back to haunt them, not as a result of doing the right thing but because one city council representative had an ax to grind.
The city is worse for it. I’ll have more on this in tomorrow’s edition because, as you likely know, there will be some fireworks at city council chambers today.
As it plays out, keep an eye on Jaime Abeytia and David Karlsruher as both feverishly try to make a buck out of the fiasco.
What we hav heeere is a fai-yur to communicate.
The Laurel and Hardy routine those two clowns is very boring because the blogs so transparent. The humor of it all iis they have convinced themselves that they are fooling everyone. The only fooling is themselves. Reminds me of the cons that always believe they are smarter than the average Joe. Strange they don’t understand why they’re always getting caught.
David K is not as bad as burrito lips. David lost an election and now feels qualified to critique politics. That’s not his fault El Paso hires campaign manager based on the number of losses not wins. I don’t believe in mentioning family, so I will defer. David, the only way you going to get the CM’s attention is giving him a back rub.
On the other hand, greasy lips aka the fat con has convinced himself he is a know it all. He is the only that knows anything about politics. The only things he knows is mudslinging and crooked campaigning. Even funnier is how runs around with his cheap camera and microphone pretending to be Mike Wallace. The interviews are pure amateurish and some real dumb questions. The interviews are terrible. I suppose Vince is even dumber because greasy lips convinced him he is the el Paso
Mexican spokesman. But then Vince is busy preparing his lips for that important kiss on the bosses rear.
I feel sorry because ever since she started her association with greasy lips, her creditability and reputation has tanked. Her actions are covered with greasy lips bs. Lady, do the right thing and get away from greasy lips. He is like a skunk that sprays. Get near him and you smell like him. Look at the stupid advice you’re accepting, he’s a skunk and it shows.
Oh Martin, your ignorance would be funny if it weren’t so sad. I know you needed some clicks, so you decided to mention me and I’m flattered. Let’s educate you on a few things here:
1. Read my post – I stated I was happy to see Mayor Leeser getting a shot at running the city by running of Tommy Gonzalez. How does that make me a Gonzalez suck up? You need understand what you are reading.
2. My sources stand by the fact there was confusion over what the mayor could veto in the days after the vote. In fact, it was explained to me that the mayor’s office was looking at what could be done since the city manager’s contract stipulates how his review an raise process goes. They were hoping to see that the council action was not in line with how the contract stated the process should go. Unlike you, I corrected the mistake and explained its provenance.
3. Tommy is essentially closing out local firms from doing design work in El Paso by giving the city engineering department over to two out of town firms. Because you don’t know anything about how qualification based selection works, you confuse it with bidding construction work. The disappearance of the city engineering department is done and it hurts my parent’s firm and every other local firm badly. Nothing I can say to Tommy now will change that. So your point makes zero sense because you really don’t understand what happened.
4. Tommy Gonzalez has zero control over the construction bidding process. I have told you ten million times before – the state of Texas lays out how the municipal bidding process must go. I’m not talking RFPs here – which staff can bugger with. I’m talking lowest qualified bid. And because you don’t have all the facts, you don’t realize that the outsourcing of engineering doesn’t affect construction bidding. That is under a different department in the city now. Again, you’re just making things up… while saying everyone else making things up.
5. My mother has been out of pocket after a recent surgery. I guess she’s sending me messages in code when she requests to see her grandchildren on Facetime. Maybe the guy who pays you to write this blog is just upset about what board she got appointed to and wanted you to attack her for him since he needs that board and can’t do it himself. That makes more sense to me.
6. Your blogs on this issue have been a rehash of what I wrote. You never thank me for creating your content for you. It makes me sad.
Is there anything else I can teach you today?
Off topic, but I need to get this off my chest. It troubles me to see all this name calling, and use of the English language as if there is some inside joke that everybody ‘in the know’ will get, and to hell with the hoi polloi. Well, this is one of the many who has no idea what all these snide references mean (‘burrito lips’ ‘greasy lips’ ‘the fat con’).
Further off topic, this blog mentions the gutting of the City’s Engineering Department, under Gonzalez. I wonder if maybe that isn’t what has already taken place with our Street Department, since our streets are in such bad shape these past few years, with no sign of repaving, maintenance, or repair.
Let me enlighten you “burrito lips”, “greasy lips” & “the fat con” refers to the Lion Star also known as Jaime Abeytia or better known as the one who has his lips planted so deep into some asses that ####. I can’t say it because Martin will delete it.
David must be having a slow week in the blogging business. He spends all his time on this blog complaining perhaps if he spent more time on his blog it wouldn’t be slow. That’s your lesson for today.
We have John poorer thing. His command of the English language is Oxford that he is easily confused by the commoners. And is upset only when others post comments that beat him to the punch. John, John, this is still a free country or is it only your comments that matter?
Ah, now I feel better.
David please you are the coward of the El Paso blogosphere and can’t stand your ground. At least Max, Jamie and Martin do not hide from opposing view points as you do. David we all know your blog is going down hill and mainly have only those posting who powered your bitch girl behind since you have stopped others that more than show your wrong and that your an idiot. David you mostly post what has been spoon fed to you and a lot of the times it is wrong and back ass wards. Most of us have your number David so STFU!
Thomas needs a hug
You made David too cute as a baby. He is pudgier. You do have a mean pen!
David you parents should have beat you more as a child.
Comments are closed.