The following is an analysis of Claudia Ordaz-Perez’ Political Campaign Contributions Report for July 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
Top Three Zip Codes
- 79912 $28,595 (44.71%) see note below
- 79901 $16,540 (25.87%)
- 79902 $3,610 (5.65%)
Note: some contributors use their business addresses or postal boxes as addresses, although most contributors seem to have used their residential address. It should be noted that the zip code 79913 had a significant amount of contributions – $13,700 and knowing that the 79913 area code is a post office in the 79912 area, I assumed that the contribution likely came from the 79912 area. Therefore, I combined the two.
Out of town contributions were listed as $5,570 which is 8.71% of the total contributions to Ordaz-Perez.
It should also be noted that the 79901 area code is where most of the largest businesses are located in, as it is downtown.
Top Three Contributors to Ordaz-Perez
- Woody Hunt $10,000 on December 3, plus $1,200 in an in-kind contribution for “Fundraiser-Food Beverage” for a total of $11,200.
- Paul Foster $10,000 on December 3
- Bob and Randy Bowling for $5,000 each on December 3 for a total of $10,000.
Interesting things on Ordaz-Perez’ financial disclosure
- Eduardo Hagert contributed $100 on November 24, 2019. The financial disclosure lists his address as El Paso, Texas but with the Austin zip code of 78745. Is this a typographical error? For many, this may not mean anything, but when analyzing data, errors such as this brings into question the accuracy of the report, intended or not. There was also another zip code error. It was listed as 79004 and I assumed it was 79904.
- David Karlsruher’s mother, Eileen, contributed $1,000 on December 3, 2019. Connect the dots, note how David Karlsruher writes about Claudia Ordaz-Perez on his blog.
- In her expenses, Claudia Ordaz-Perez listed $2,867.50 Mark Smith, who has worked for Woody Hunt in political campaigns, and at one point Hunt had declared that his campaign contributions included the stipulation that the candidate must work with Mark Smith and/or the Forma Group.
- She also paid blogger, Jamie Abeytia $1,895.79 in “wages”.
Data compiled by Martín Paredes.