For some time now there have been rumors of an opposition dossier compiled against Veronica Escobar that was making the rounds among certain political circles. It is not news that opposing candidates compile dossiers to use against their opponents. In El Paso, most oppos are nothing more than a few newspaper clippings and maybe a few notes, but most candidates don’t even bother creating one. At the same time, it is expected that Veronica Escobar and Dori Fenenbock have the money and the resources to compile dossiers on each other. Last Friday, I was sent a copy of an oppo dossier compiled against Veronica Escobar.
The reader who sent me the dossier wishes to remain anonymous. What I was told is that the dossier was not compiled by Dori Fenenbock and to my knowledge, the Fenenbock Campaign has nothing to do with the dossier and may not be aware of it, until today.
Today, I’d like to make the dossier available to you. Before I do that, let me highlight the top ten reasons from the oppo that should make any El Paso voter cringe before voting for Escobar.
Long time readers of my blog won’t be surprised by much of what is in the dossier as much of it, I have been harping on, on my blog for years.
Here are the Top Ten Reasons Veronica Escobar Should NOT Be Elected to Congress
1. Under Veronica Escobar’s “County debt sky-rocketed, as did the property taxes necessary to pay it. Funding schemes failed, leaving taxpayers to cover the costs.” [page 5.]
2. “El Paso County is a violent place to live, and it has grown even more violent since VE [Veronica Escobar] was elected.” [page 6.]
3. “In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017, VE [Veronica Escobar] raised property taxes on an already taxed-out electorate.” [page 8.]
4. “Now that she is making $102,000 per year as County Judge, VE [Veronica Escobar] brings home nearly 2.5 times the average El Pasoan’s household income, and over 5 times El Paso County’s per capita income.” [page 19.]
5. Veronica Escobar’s husband argued for deporting immigrants for the U.S. government, according to his 2008 resume: “Department of Homeland Security, Office of the Chief Counsel, El Paso, Texas Assistant Chief Counsel: August 1999 to present: Represent Department in removal hearings in immigration court—have litigated hundreds of removal hearings on the merits; have served as a member of the Office’s national security team; conduct extensive appellate work before the Board of Immigration Appeals; assist in federal habeas corpus litigation.” [page 20.]
6. The Playboy comments about Chico’s Tacos: “The secret of Chico’s,” Susie Byrd says, “is I think that this might be government cheese!” Escobar adds, “It’s that good welfare flavor.” [page 38.]
7. UMC “property taxes for the hospital district have risen at least five times since” the El Paso Children’s Hospital bond was floated under the guise that the children’s hospital would not be a tax burden to the community. [page 41.]
8. “VE [Veronica Escobar] is in a tight spot. She touts the importance of sanctuary cities, while positioning the County behind the scenes to make money from detaining people on immigration offenses.” [page 42.]
9. “According to the Texas Comptroller, El Paso County’s debt-per-capita increased 64.9% between 2006 and 2015 (VE [Veronica Escobar] became commissioner in 2007).” [page 44.]
10. “Debt service, as a result, has increased dramatically. The County’s numbers show that annual debt service in 2011 when VE [Veronica Escobar] became County Judge totaled $12.9 million. In 2016, budgeted debt service totaled $20.77 million, a 67.78% increase—all without voter approval.” [page 46.]
You can read the full oppo report by clicking this link.
The best queso cheese can be had in Palomas just down the street from the Pink Store. There’s a Mennonite cheese store there – stringy, gooey, yummy! I don’t know what Chicos uses but She said that, it’s a pretty cheesy comment.
you ommitted that she made a fool out of herself at the US Senate hearing. She strongly reminded everyone “I AM A COUNTY JUDGE “! WTF, like that means anything outside this island.
There is one small but important tidbit out there that is potent. There will be revealed later.
Don’t forget she was part of the whore house tour in the Plsybook article that portrays El Paso as a loose and cheap neighborhood.
Comments are closed.