Claudia Ordaz’ Revenge – El Paso News Organization

Claudia Ordaz’ Revenge

1. Suicide Move says:

Martin, strongly disagree that Ordanz will do well.

No one will believe her explanation that voted on the spur of the moment. If she uses that line, forget it. She will destroy her creditability. It indicates impulsive, vote without understanding the issue, decisions based on direction of the wind, revengeful, politically motivated as a pose to service to the electorate, pawn in her boyfriends hands who is controlled by govim cheese lady, politically naive and obvious stupid strategy no doubt developed by fat boy.

I believe she just hung herself. She may take others with her but she will go down. Think she lost friends on council, she just ostracized herself. She is definitely not fit for higher office. This double stupidity decisions just proved the point. Think Leeser isn’t in control, he will appear to be a genius if she was elected for mayor. She is in over her head with this position. Vince is the city rep behind the curtain.

Nope, Martin I strongly disagree that this helped. She painted herself into a corner. Now she has room in the corner for standing on one leg.

The only reason she was elected is because of Vince, govim cheese and fat boy. Plus youth and a pretty face. She is the black hair answer to the dumb blond.

2. Vegas says:

Svarz will double down and vote to keep the pay raise. He doesn’t care about the electorate as a whole, just those who back him. He would rather bet on making political alliances with council members and count on apathy and ignorance on the part of the electorate. If this is how it goes down, his vote must be tied to the city manager pay raise and kept in the collective memory of voters come election day.

3. I think that Leeser has already shown himself to be a weak leader, and he has largely forgotten all of his campaign promises. I agree with you that Ordaz has done herself proud with this move, and I think she will come out of this the winner, especially in the eyes of her constituents. I doubt that a nay vote will cause Gonzalez to leave town, but an unhappy wife could sure do that. Ultimately, I really don’t see that he has done all that much good for us, because I doubt that it took much to spot Wilson’s screw-ups, and then, to correct them, little time. Ultimately, I still question why we need the added cost of a City Manager, and would really like to see us return to a strong Mayor form of government (and, that would obviously mean somebody other than Oscar Leeser).

4. Barbara says:

So this is how politics works? You vote “for” an issue you admittedly state you were “unprepared” to do and you’re the victor because of “revenge.” You pat yourself on the back and raise your collar and proudly proclaim “oops, I want overs”.
    The one person we’ve had at City Hall in many years whose sole objective, whose sole goal is to get us on track, is, through no fault of his own, indirectly the center of controversy.
    This is not about “revenge” but a glaring NEON SIGN of the lack of talented individuals the citizens of ELP elects to office.
    Our City Manager has saved the taxpayers millions of dollars in the short time he’s been here, he’s streamlined city hall, eliminated duplicate functions, eliminated unnecessary job postings, consolidated departments, believes in data-driven decisions rather than political optics. This is the message that should have been conveyed to constituents. Not “oops I want overs”.

5. rg says:

Barbara I didn’t know that Tommy G had a cheerleader. Can you elaborate on how he saved me money on taxes? Seems that every year my ridiculous property taxes I pay keep going up. Also you forgot to mention that he hired his buddy from Irving TX with a 200K salary.

6. David K says:

I love the people who blame the current city manager for “taxes going up every year.” Gonzalez has only been here a year and he didn’t raise taxes. Council controls taxes, not city manager.

You folks are so ignorant to how this all works, but you sure are angry.

• Jerry K says:

David us right on this one. I am no fan of a CM form of city government, but if we have one it should be done right and the CM paid comparable to other similar size cities. As for Gonzalez’s performance, he is still filling the holes in fiscal responsibility and Engineering left for him by the previous CM and council. No one can turn around that mess in just a year.

• Haiduc says:

You are are right about ANGRY people..

7. Crossed Eyed Council says:

That’s spin about raising of taxes. While he doesn’t actually order it, he present a budget to council.

In his defense, there is so much crap to be cleaned up I am surprised he hasn’t gone insane. And with the DUH council it makes his job more difficult. They can’t seem to get enough of wilson and keep her involved in city policy.

I was for it before I was against it because we voted for it to see what was in the bill. So now I to revote.

8. David K says:

A good city manager can function as a voter’s only defender against a runaway council. This current city manager has made council realize that the bond issues are a 15 year deal, not a 10. He saved you money by educating those with the power to tax you more.

9. Vendetta915 says:

Again it’s a smoke screen, Dr. Noe and Ordaz are part of the same group, Jaime Abeytia ran Ordaz & Noe’s reelection campaigns. Funny how Vince Perez and Abeytia learned from the Forma Group and now added their person touch to the way they operate. But what goes up must come down, it’s already been done they have been beaten.